Who can borrow?
How to borrow
- iPads can be checked out from the Morisset and Health Sciences Libraries circulation desks during regular operating hours. Only one iPad can be checked out per person.
- The loan period is 3 days (72 hours) with no renewals.
- iPads are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be requested in advance.
- When checking out an iPad the borrower will receive a pouch containing: the iPad in a case, a power cord and power adaptor.
Returning the iPad
- The complete iPad set (iPad plus 3 accessories and pouch) must be returned to a staff member before the closing of the circulation desk of the library where it was borrowed.
- To avoid damage, iPads may NOT be returned to the book return bins.
Fines and fees
The working condition of the iPad will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Borrowers are responsible for damage, loss or theft of iPads, power cords, adapters and cases.
- $5/hour to a maximum of $100
- An iPad that is 48 hours overdue is considered lost and the replacement fee will be charged.
Replacement fees for lost, stolen or damaged iPads and accessories
- iPad - $400
- Power cord, adaptor or case - $50
- Pouch - $50
- Complete iPad set - $500
Borrowers may not replace equipment or have it repaired themselves as an alternative to paying the replacement charge.
Apps and personal data
iPads have 16GB of storage and are equipped with WiFi and a selection of preloaded applications.
Borrowers may add apps, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned. Added apps must be purchased with the borrowers own funds, using their own iTunes account and are not the responsibility of the Library.
Any data or documents saved to the iPad during the loan period will be permanently erased during the restore process.
Help with using the iPad
A "Quick Start" guide is provided when the iPad is checked out. A link to this Library iPad guide is available on the iPad itself.