Who can borrow?
How to borrow
- All laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They must be returned in person before the circulation desk closes.
- Laptops may be renewed depending on availability and/or the absence of others waiting to sign one out; you must renew in person with the laptop in hand.
Returning the laptop
- Laptop computers must be returned to a staff member before the closing of the circulation desk. Users will be required to wait while the computer is checked to ensure all equipment is intact.
- To avoid damage, laptops may NOT be returned to the book return bins.
Fines and fees
The working condition of the laptop will be assessed when it is returned. Borrowers are responsible for damage, loss or theft of laptops, power cords, adapters and cases.
- $5 per hour (Or any portion thereof) to a maximum of $100.
- A laptop that is 48 hours overdue is considered lost and the replacement fee will be charged.
Replacement fees for lost, stolen or damaged laptops and accessories
- Laptop - $400
- Power cord and adapter - $50
- Carrying case - $25
- Complete laptop set - $475
Borrowers may not replace or arrange for repair of equipment themselves as an alternative to paying the replacement charge.
There are power outlets in every library. You are advised to plug in the Library laptops and not rely on the battery remaining fully charged.
Wireless access from laptops
Laptops are already configured for wireless Internet access. Wireless access is available throughout every library for current students, faculty and staff using a laptop or handheld device.
Print from a laptop
Library laptops are already configured for printing. You can print from your own laptop. To configure your own laptop, consult the installation instructions.
Under no circumstances leave computers or any personal items unattended in the library. You should always follow these theft prevention tips. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen laptops or other items.