Health Sciences Library
Librarians specializing in Nursing, Health Sciences, Medicine, and Rehabilitation Sciences are available to help you with assignments, research questions and literature searching. Read more about us or consult our research guides:
- Workshops: Planning for your systematic or scoping review and Citation Manager workshop
- Managing Data for Research Projects: A Conversation
- First Nations and Aboriginal Data
- Hands-on with the 3D printers: You can now print your 3D models yourself!
- Textbooks for change
BoardVitals NCLEX-RN is an online practice tool for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The interactive platform contains multiple choice questions with up-to-date explanations with each answer, with references and links to applicable sources. A free subscription to BoardVitals is required to access the test.
Learn while you play! RNtertainmetnt is a review tool for nursing students preparing for the NCLEX examination or for practicing nurses who want to reinforce and sharpen their nursing knowledge. You can now borrow it at the Health Sciences Library’s service desk.
RxTx is Canada's authoritative source for prescribing and managing drug therapy at the point of care. It provides online access to evidence-based drug and therapeutic information. Available in French and in English. One tool for two well known Canadian resources.
- Rx = The Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS), formerly known as e-CPS, contains more than 2000 product monographs for drugs, vaccines and natural health products, including monographs, including CPhA monographs written by the Canadian Pharmacists Association's editorial staff, based on the best available evidence and reviewed by expert physicians and pharmacists. Includes also a module of drug interactions.
- Tx = The Compendium of Therapeutic Choices (CTC), formerly e-Therapeutics, is a Canadian source for evidence-based treatment information for all health care practitioners involved in therapeutic decision-making.