The new library spaces will focus on active learning experience that occur beyond the classroom, with technology-rich environments where students can work together.
Space and features
The library spaces will be located on the second and fifth floors. The second floor will offer a variety of technology: video walls, high performance computers. The 5th floor will offer a variety of study space: group study rooms, silent spaces.
- 5 multimedia studios
- 1 data visualization room (x 48 seats)
- 1 training/gaming room (x 48 seats)
- 15 group study rooms
- 3 study suite (x 150 seats)
- iMacs + Surface Studio
- 8K video wall
- VR headsets
- 3D scanning + printing
- Green screens, etc.
Staff will be available to help students and faculty who want to book the rooms and use the equipment for group work and special events. We will provide training and assistance with a wide range of digital projects. Use our new facilities to:
- Host unconferences, hackathons, edit-a-thons
- Live stream and discuss current events
- Organize virtual poster sessions
- Expose new patterns in your data
- Attend video production workshops, etc.
- Explore virtual reality technologies
- Learn 3D modeling + printing
- Review and play video games
- Use high performance computers and software
- Borrow multimedia production equipment, etc.
Booking and information
The Learning Centre will open in 2018. Students, faculty, and staff looking for spaces that can accommodate from 10 to 100 people for special event can contact the library at bibliolibrary@uOttawa.ca.
The building will also provide classrooms and food services.