Your library card
- In order to print your alumni card, log into uoZone then go to InfoWeb » Services » Alumni membership card. Then fill out the form.
- If you forgot your information, contact the Alumni Relations Office.
- Bring your alumni card to the circulation desk of any library to be issued a library card.
Bring the following items to the circulation desk of any library to be issued a library card:
- Application form [PDF]
- Identification with your name, photo and address
- Card issued by your institution, such as Sm@rtLibrary card, etc. Please contact a circulation desk to find out what is required to obtain library borrowing privileges.
Lost cards are subject to a replacement fee of $5.
Photocopiers, printers and scanners
Photocopiers, printers and scanners are available on campus. Please consult the computers and technology page for more information.
- Search the library catalogue using Search+.
- Borrow up to 15 books, for a two-week period (varies by borrower type).
- Renew your books online.
Please note: Different rules may apply for special items such as DVDs and rare books.
Computers are available for your use at various libraries on campus. You will require a guest account.
Community guest accounts
If you are a member of the general public, you can access the library's public computers for one hour. You will be required to show a valid piece of identification (ID with name and address). Note that you may only request access once a day.
Researchers guest accounts
Researchers may request a one-day account. In addition to valid ID with name and address, you will need to demonstrate research affiliation (i.e. independent researcher, uOttawa alumni, researchers, and academics not affiliated with uOttawa, students from St. Paul's, Carleton and the Quebec bar).
University of Ottawa retirees may also obtain such an account.
Please go to the circulation desk of the following participating libraries:
|Library||1 hour||1 day|
|Brian Dickson Law Library||✓||✓|
|Health Sciences Library||✓|
|Archives and Special Collections||✓|
|Isobel Firestone Music Library||✓|
At the library
You can use our workstations and consult our electronic resources with a guest account, which you can get at the circulation desk. You must present a piece of ID with your name, address and signature, and fill out a form.
- List of free electronic resources
- Due to licensing agreement restrictions, we cannot provide remote access to our resources to anyone other than students, faculty and staff.
Affiliated researchers and health professionals
Faculties and departments partner with a number of research centres, institutes and groups in the National Capital Region. Affiliated researchers and health professionals are entitled to use the library resources and services. Are you affiliated?