Title and statement of responsibility area
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Graphic material
- Textual record
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ottawa (BWCPO)
37 photographs : 13 b&w, 24 col.
1 book cover
1 object : plaque
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario (BPWCO) was formed as a provincial wing of the Canadian Business and Professional Women's Clubs, itself a charter member of the International Federation. In 1933, the Business and Professional Women's Club of Ottawa (BPWCO), a local branch of the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario, was created. Membership to a local Business and Professional Women's Club allowed access to provincial, national and international membership.
In 1948, the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario (BPWCO) had its first annual provincial conference. It was headed by a board of directors who met before and after the annual meeting. An interim board meeting was held in the fall and the executive began to meet on a more regular basis. In Ontario, the local clubs were grouped in 12 regions, each comprising of a maximum of 12 clubs. Each individual club elected a regional advisor among its membership. Regional advisors acted as a liaison between the board of directors and other clubs, visited the clubs yearly, and encouraged the creation of additional clubs.
In 1970, the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario (BPWCO) went through a reorganization. Regions were disbanded and the number of districts was increased from four to seven. Changes were also added to the Board of Directors. The number of vice-presidents decreased from four to one and seven district directors were appointed.
The Business and Professional Women's Club of Ottawa and Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario hosted various activities such as contests for career women and Business Women's Week. Both organizations were also involved in lobbying, the creation of scholarships, as well as the presentation of briefs and submissions to government commissions and the United Nations.
The objects of all clubs were quite similar: to encourage equal status for women in economic, civil and political life; to promote the interests of business and professional women; to encourage education and occupational training for girls and women; and to promote cooperation between professional and business women.
Bereik en inhoud
Directe bron van verwerving
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal