The University Women's Club of Ottawa

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

The University Women's Club of Ottawa

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1910-

History

The University Women's Club of Ottawa was formed on 15 April, 1910. The purpose of the Club was to advance the interests of women and to serve the community in social, educational and cultural areas. The club awarded scholarships to secondary school and university students. It participated in the establishment of the Ottawa Little Theater, The Elizabeth Frye Society of Ottawa and the National School Volunteer Association. The Club presents the view of women on contemporary economic, social and cultural problems. It is affiliated with the Canadian Federation of University Women.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places