The library is the intellectual hub of the campus. It is used every day by thousands of students, faculty and researchers.
The library is an essential partner in fulfilling the research, teaching and learning mission of the University. The University of Ottawa Library is composed of 3 main libraries - the Morisset Library (Arts and Science), the Brian Dickson Law Library and the Health Sciences Library - in addition to a number of specialized research collections. It has 161 employees, including 48 librarians, serving the students, faculty and employees of the University.
Our spaces: the busiest place on campus
- 12 locations on 3 campuses (Main, Roger-Guindon and Lees)
- Over 2 million visits per year
- Extended hours of service: the Morisset Library is open 24 hours a day during exam periods
Our collections: preserving the past, envisioning the future
- 2,360,706 print volumes
- 2,259,077 full text article downloads
- 1,206,497 e-books
- 122,175 e-journals
Our services: supporting students, faculty and researchers
- 110 specialized research guides available to consult for disciplines, courses and services
- 16,097 students attended workshops, classes and tours