The following rules apply to overdue and unreturned library materials.
- Fines for overdue items are $0.50 per day per item.
- Fines for recalled items are $1.00 per day per item.
|Reserve items||$1.00/hour/item* (Or any portion thereof)|
|Study rooms||$2.00/hours/user (Or any portion thereof)|
|Videos and DVDs||$2.00/day/item**|
*Fees are doubled ($2.00) when a user refuses to return an overdue reserve item.
**Fees are doubled ($4.00) for recalled videos, DVDs, and Games.
- Fines can be paid only once the document is returned.
- Fines must be paid in full before sanctions can be lifted.
- Fines are non-refundable.
Overdue Fine Calculations
- Fines are calculated from the due date to the date the book is checked back into the Library - when library opens.
- The “due date” will always fall on a day the library is open.
- Overdue fines are calculated for the days the library is open and closed.
- It is the responsibility of borrowers to keep an eye on their account.
Lost or damaged items
|Videos or DVDs||$160|
The collection manager may also accept a replacement copy plus a standard $25 processing fee per item.
Long overdue fees
Fines on an item accumulate until it is declared lost, and lost item fees are charged. If you return an item after paying lost item fees on it, you are reimbursed for overdue fees, calculated from the item's due date to the day you returned the item.
Theft and vandalism
Anyone who damages documents or tries to remove documents from the library without authorization is subject to penalties including suspension or withdrawal of borrowing privileges and replacement or repair costs.
If you disagree with a penalty, you may appeal in writing to:
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5 Canada