Archives and Special Collections
The Archives and Special Collections is a specialized unit of the University of Ottawa Library, located on the lower level of the Morisset Pavilion in downtown Ottawa. We are the Library's repository for rare books, rare periodicals and pamphlets, artists' books as well as archival material. To learn more about us and our collections, click on the sections below.
News from the Archives and Special Collections
- Join us on March 8th, 2019 at noon in celebration of International Women's Day, for the screening of Status Quo? The Unfinished Business of Feminism in Canada, a film directed by Karen Cho. The film will be followed by a discussion and an exclusive visit to the Archives' storage area.
- On September 27th, 2018 we will be hosting the launch of Just Watch Us: RCMP Surveillance of the Women's Liberation Movement in Cold War Canada, a book by Christabelle Sethna and Steve Hewitt. Join us for a presentation and exhibit of archival materials from 6-8pm in the ARCS reading room. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
- On June 19, we were fortunate to be joined by Minister Duncan and other special guests for the launch of the Canadian Archive of Women in STEM. Our portal is live and we will be adding to it in the coming months. Stay tuned for updates!
- "International Women's Day 2018" is an online exhibition which features items from the Canadian Women's Movement Archives (10-001).
- “This book belongs to…” is an online exhibition that provides a unique opportunity to discover exceptional books from the Rare Book collection of the University of Ottawa and people who took part in their production.