Archives and Special Collections
The Archives and Special Collections acquires, preserves, and provides access to archival documents in all media formats as well as rare books and other publications that support teaching and research at the University of Ottawa.
News from the Archives and Special Collections
- On September 27th, 2018 we will be hosting the launch of Just Watch Us: RCMP Surveillance of the Women's Liberation Movement in Cold War Canada, a book by Christabelle Sethna and Steve Hewitt. Join us for a presentation and exhibit of archival materials from 6-8pm in the ARCS reading room. RSVP email@example.com
- On June 19, we were fortunate to be joined by Minister Duncan and other special guests for the launch of the Canadian Archive of Women in STEM. Our portal is live and we will be adding to it in the coming months. Stay tuned for updates!
- "International Women's Day 2018" is an online exhibition which features items from the Canadian Women's Movement Archives (10-001).
- Recently added finding aid descriptions to our AtoM database include: 10-025 Canadian Women’s Studies Association (CWSA) fonds and 10-075 Deborah Yaffe collection
- “This book belongs to…” is an online exhibition that provides a unique opportunity to discover exceptional books from the Rare Book collection of the University of Ottawa and people who took part in their production.