uOttawa Library service updates - All you need to know!
Please note that books and materials with due dates between March 9 and April 24 will be automatically renewed to April 30 and any overdue fines will be suspended. If you wish to return materials, the only book drop that is open on main campus is located outside the Morisset Library.
Last update: March 26 at 2:00 pm.
Brian Dickson Law Library
Lexis Advanced Quicklaw and WestlawNext Canada Workshops at the Library
Workshops on Quicklaw and Westlaw are being offered in FTX 430 for 2L, 3L and graduate students on the following days:
- Wednesday, January 29, 11:30-1pm: WestlawNext Canada (French only)
- Tuesday, February 4, 11:30-1pm: WestlawNext Canada (English only)
- Thursday, February 6, 11:30-1pm: Lexis Advanced Quicklaw (English only)
- Friday, February 7, 11:30-1pm:Lexis Advanced Quicklaw (French only)
The Library is now officially going cashless
After a successful 8-month trial period, the University of Ottawa Library is now officially going cashless. In an effort to minimize risk and streamline their transactions, all Library locations will only accept debit, credit (Visa, Mastercard), cheques, or the uO Flex card as valid methods of payments from this point forward.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nathalie Leclair, Acting Head, User Engagement
firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-562-5800 (3412).
Platform change for LexisNexis Quicklaw
The existence of the old version of Quicklaw is coming to an end. Please note that this platform will no longer be available as June 30th, 2019. Lexis Advance Quicklaw is the new platform that has been in place for some time and offers many additional features.
Law Films and Videos
- The Law Library has a collection of ~120 DVDs for both instructional and entertainment purposes. It includes a wide array of Hollywood and foreign films, documentaries, and tutorials.Browse new titles on Dropmark
FTX Room 403
- A new accessible study room reserved for law students is now available! The renovation of this room was made possible from donations from funds donated from Common Law alumni from the 1980s. This seminar room comes equipped with a large screen LCD flat panel display television, with four HDMI cable and six power outlets. There is also a high end Macintosh computer for video production and graphic design. Various adapters for your laptops come with access to this room.
- To reserve the room, please visit the staff at the services desk at the Brian Dickson Library. For more information on our facilities click here.
Borrow a Gown at the Brian Dickson Law Library !
- Need to borrow a gown ? More details about this new service offered at the Brian Dickson Law Library- click here.