The library has designated zones to accommodate users needs for silent study and for quiet group and individual study. Look for signs designating red zones, yellow zones and green zones, and choose the area that works best for you.
Front Lobby, photocopier/printer room and reference staff offices
- A common area
- Conversational noise
Faculty of Law group study rooms and designated area of the 5th floor
- A quiet place for group and individual study
- Minimal conversation
- Cell phones set to vibrate
Brian Dickson Reading Room, and all open areas of the library with exception to the yellow and green zones above
- A silent place for individual study
- No conversation
- No cell phone disturbance
Cell phones and electronic devices
- Set ringers to vibrate and leave quiet areas to talk. Please do not use stairwells.
- Electronic devices should be set to mute unless earphones are used.
Food and drink
- Hot and cold drinks are allowed in covered containers.
- Hot food, including food usually eaten hot (canned food, pasta, etc.) is not permitted. Cold snacks (finger foods like muffins, cookies, fruits, nuts, cold sandwiches) are allowed.
- Help us to keep the library clean by depositing your waste in the garbage cans and recycling bins.