ESRI Canada with the help of the University of Ottawa Library would like to recognize students using geographic information systems (GIS).
Below are some preliminary details of the award:
The award will be given to two students that are currently enrolled in a program at the University of Ottawa. It includes a cash prize as well as Esri-related resources. The award is distributed amongst the following two groups.
- PhD student:
•Cash prize ($750)•3 Esri Press books•2 Esri instructor-lead standard training•ArcGIS Software bundle
- Masters/Undergraduate student:
•Cash prize ($750)•One entry to the Esri User Conference
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must have:
- A minimum B+ or equivalent average in overall GPA.
- Completed significant course work and/or research using Esri technology.
Each student must submit the following items to be considered for the award. The items must demonstrate a special project, lab work or interesting research use in a specific setting and its outcomes using Esri’s ArcGIS software.
- Map(s) or graphic(s); 1-3 statics maps or graphics (pdf, jpg,tiff) or an interactive map, story map using one of Esri’s software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, etc). **Although not required for initial candidate selection, the winner(s) will need to produce a poster for final submission to Esri Canada.**
- Report: A maximum of 1,500 words that describes the GIS work that was done to create the map. This report can include text and images to describe the process of creating your map(s) and graphic(s).
- Copy of your academic transcript.
March 4, 2019
For further details, please contact email@example.com