New library spaces focus on individual study, group work, digital exploration, and digital creation.
Space and features
Library facilities are on the second and fifth floors of the Learning Crossroads (CRX) building.
The welcome centre on the 2nd floor of CRX will be open during the Fall 2019 semester to check out lendable technology and to assist in the use of these items. Items are available for a three-day loan period and items must be returned in person to the CRX welcome centre or the Morisset Library service desk.
Fall term September 9 - December 16
Monday to Friday: 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm
Please send your questions to: email@example.com
In addition to the welcome centre on the 2nd floor, you will find a wide range of technology, such as:
- a video wall, featuring a giant 8K screen, for data visualization
- virtual reality equipment
- multimedia studios with Surface Studio computers
- A 30-seat Tinkering Lab to try new tools, such as Oculus Rift and Nintendo Switch game consoles. This lab also features smart wall projection equipment (opening soon)
- A 48-seat Learning Lab equipped with flexible seating, two large screen displays, and white-board surfaces
The fifth floor of the CRX provides even more study spaces:
- 15 group study rooms
- A large variety of seating options
- Two 150-seat reading rooms.
Our team can work with students, professors and employees to book a room or use equipment, whether for group work or special events. We also provide the training and support needed to complete a wide range of digital projects.
Some of the ways the library’s CRX facilities can be used include:
- hosting unconferences, hackathons or edit-a-thons
- streaming live events on the video wall
- presenting virtual poster sessions
- revealing hidden patterns in your data using high resolution visualization equipment
- attending how-to workshops (such as video production)
- exploring virtual reality technology
- studying and playing with video games from the library’s collection
- borrow multimedia equipment
- and much more!
Booking and information
Booking a room
The study rooms on the fifth floor can be booked though the Library booking system for a maximum of two hours.
Professors and employees can request the use of the Tinkering and Learning Labs located on the second floor for workshops, special classes or other events by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Learning Crossroads is open from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.University Of Ottawa
100, Louis-Pasteur Private
ON K1N 6N5