The Media Library offers spaces, technology and software to help you with your creative ideas: 3 rooms with flexible furniture and large writing surfaces; and equipment for playing, recording, and editing a variety of media. Faculty, students and staff can book a room, or borrow equipment at the Services Desk.
Space at the Media Centre
Faculty, librarians, and staff can book these rooms for special classes, workshops, and group work. Students can use the rooms and equipment on a first come, first serve basis.
- Multimedia lab: 5 workstations equipped with Adobe software, as well as flexible furniture that allows for individual or group work. It accommodates up to 24 people. Faculty, librarians, and staff may book this room for training and workshops. MRT 144
- Projection room: play a variety of formats (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, and PAL). It has flexible furniture that allows for individual or group work, and large writing surfaces. It accommodates up to 24 people. Faculty, librarians, and staff may book this room for projections and group work. MRT 153
- Meeting room: equipped with large display and writing surface that support brainstorming and collaborative work. It accommodates up to 10 people. Faculty, librarians, and staff may book this room for group work and consultations. MRT 143
- Events The library is proud to support the University community's initiatives. Past events included: 3D printing workshops, lectures by world-class experts, students co-working sessions, hackathons and unconferences. Students, faculty, and staff looking for spaces can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology at the Media Centre
- Production workstations: 5 high-end computers for video production and graphic design (3 Mac + 2 PC), equipped with Adobe software, importing and recording hardware, and access to Lynda.com. They are located in the Multimedia lab, MRT 144. Priority is given to workshops, otherwise, students, faculty, and staff can use the workstations on a first come, first serve basis. See full lists of equipment for video and audio production.
- Gaming & tinkering: 2 consoles and 2 PCs for gaming (PS4, Wii U, Dell XPS Special Edition), as well as 50+ video games. Borrow controllers and headsets at the service desk. Students, faculty, and staff can use the gaming stations on a first come, first serve basis. MRT 150. Other gaming and tinkering equipment.
- Cables & display: includes Apple TV, wireless keyboard & mouse, portable projector, adapters, etc. View full list.
- Scanning The Media Centre has 2 workstations for digitization. They are equipped with video digitization hardware (VHS, DVD) and image scanners (microform, print, slides). Make an appointment to use them via email@example.com MRT 155
Thanks to those who donated to the Library Technology Improvement Fund via the Employee Giving Program and made these transformations possible.