Margo Jeske, Director of the Brian Dickson Law Library, was presented with the 2018 Denis Marshall Memorial Award for Excellence in Law Librarianship at the annual conference of the Canadian Association of Law Libraries, held in Halifax May 27-30. This award is an honour bestowed upon a current member of CALL/ACBD who has provided outstanding service to the Association and/or enhanced the profession of law librarianship in the recent past. The specific contributions must reflect the qualities embodied by Denis Marshall:
- a continued commitment to excellence in law librarianship;
- a strong service ethic;
- a commitment to continuous learning;
- a significant contribution to the scholarship of the library profession;
- mentoring and encouraging those who seek a profession in law librarianship;
- the pursuit of innovation and/or innovative solutions;
- and/or a contribution to leadership in the law library profession.
This award is a testament to what her nominees described as Margo’s “tireless commitment to Law Librarianship”, demonstrated throughout her career.