The past month has been filled with devastating news affecting Indigenous communities across this country. We encourage you to commit to doing your part to listen, learn, reflect and play a role in reconciliation.
Here are a few resources to help you get started on your journey of learning and unlearning.
Truth and Reconciliation
- Canada's Residential Schools: Reconciliation. The Final Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada [PDF 6.5 MB]
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action [PDF 299 KB]
Guides and manuals
- Indigenization guides: BCcampus
- Whose Land Is It Anyway? A Manual for Decolonization - Peter McFarlane and Nicole Schabus [PDF 1,586 KB]
- Knowing Home: Braiding Indigenous Science with Western Science: Book 1, Book 2
- Trousse d'outils pour les alliés aux luttes autochtones [PDF 3.6 MB] (in French)
- This place : 150 years retold
- Indian Horse: a novel
- The Education of Augie Merasty: A Residential School Memoir
- Sugar Falls : a residential school story
- Seven fallen feathers : racism, death, and hard truths in a northern city (print)
- In search of April raintree (print)
- They called me number one : secrets and survival at an Indian residential school (print)
- You are Enough by Smokii Sumac (print)
- NDN coping mechanisms : notes from the field (print)
- @ CynK8e
- @ vincent_mel
- @ picardghislain
- The Legacy of Hope Foundation - supports the ongoing healing process of Residential School Survivors, and their families and seeks their input on projects that honour them.
- The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund - aims to build cultural understanding and create a path toward reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples.