Students registered with SASS - Academic Accommodations may benefit from additional library services, including alternate formats and adaptive technology.
The majority of our books and journals are available in electronic format. The easiest way to search for them is by using the catalogue. You can also request a book in an alternate format (electronic or print).
We also have book collections for students who have a disability. These are available in various formats: PDF, DAISY text files, ePub and audio mp3. Request an access code at email@example.com.
- ACE (Accessible Content E-Portal) 1,000+ digitized books from uOttawa. Registered users can access Scholars Portal Books with their ACE token
- Bookshare 300,000+ books, including best sellers and newspapers
Screen reading and writing software is available in different library locations. You can also use one of our book scanners to convert text into speech.
- For research help use our research guides or contact your librarian.
- For extended loans or help with library materials (retrieval, photocopying), visit the services desk.
- To provide feedback, comments or suggestions about accessibility on campus, contact the Human Rights Office.
The library is committed to providing all University of Ottawa students, faculty and staff equal access to its services and resources, with respect and dignity. If you have any questions or comments about library services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.