Assistive technology software is available in different library locations on campus. For the Fall 2020 semester, only remote access to the assistive software is available.
Visit the Information Technology page for instructions on how to connect to remote labs to access the assistive software online. You must use the VMware Horizon Client to access this software and not your web browser. Once you have connected to the portal, select the icon BIBLIO – Kurzweil-DragonNaturallySpeaking to access the computers with the assistive software.
All of the library computers can access the Internet and have Microsoft Office installed. Our assistive technology computers also come with:
- Jaws (screen reader)
- Kurzweil 1000 & 3000
- ZoomText (screen magnifier)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Room 116
- Room 117
Brian Dickson Law Library
- Workstation located in FTX 408 in the hallway outside the library
Health Sciences Library
- Workstation adjacent to service desk (borrow or bring headphones)
- A self-serve book scanner is available at the Morisset Library, 1st floor, room 142.
- Scanning to e-mail or USB is free of charge on photocopy machines at each library.
- A CCTV viewer on a height-adjustable table is available at the Brian Dickson Law Library and the Health Sciences Library.