Access to the Library is currently limited to the uOttawa community, including students, professors, staff, researchers and alumni. Members of the public (including Smart Library Card holders) are not allowed in the Library for the time being.
My library card
- Contact the Alumni Association to obtain your membership card and bring it to one of our service desks to register for your library card.
- If you have forgotten your login information, please call the Service Desk at 613-562-5800 ext. 6555.
Bring the following items to the service desk of any library to be issued a library card:
- Identification with your name, photo and address
- Card issued by your institution, such as Sm@rtLibrary card, etc.
Lost cards are subject to a replacement fee of $5.
Sign in to Omni
To sign into Omni for the first time:
- On the Omni page, click on "Sign in" in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select "Omni ID".
- User ID = your email address
- Password = the password you chose when you created your uOttawa Library account.
- To verify what email address is registered to your account, contact bibliolibrary@uOttawa.ca.
- To reset your password, click on "Need help signing in?"
- Select "Réinitialiser le mot de passe | Reset password".
- Enter your email address and click "Send". If we found a matching email address, you will receive a reset password link.
When you have your password you'll need it each time you log into your Omni account.
Photocopiers, printers and scanners
Photocopiers, printers and scanners are available on campus. Please consult the computers and technology page for more information.
See our Borrow and Renew page for information about borrowing privileges for Alumni and Visitors..
Computers are available for your use at various libraries on campus. You will require a guest account.
Community guest accounts
If you are a member of the general public, you can access the library's public computers for one hour. You will be required to show a valid piece of identification (ID with name and address). Note that you may only request access once a day.
Researchers guest accounts
Researchers may request a one-day account. In addition to valid ID with name and address, you will need to demonstrate research affiliation (i.e. independent researcher, uOttawa alumni, researchers, and academics not affiliated with uOttawa, students from Carleton and the Quebec bar).
University of Ottawa retirees may also obtain such an account.
Please go to the circulation desk of the following participating libraries:
|Library||1 hour||1 day|
|Brian Dickson Law Library||✓||✓|
|Health Sciences Library||✓|
At the library
You can use our workstations and consult our electronic resources with a guest account, which you can get at the circulation desk. You must present a piece of ID with your name, address and signature, and fill out a form.
- List of free electronic resources
- The Library is unable to offer off-campus access to electronic resources (including journals) to alumni. The licenses that govern access to electronic resources stipulate that they are only for current students, faculty and employees of uOttawa.
Affiliated researchers and health professionals
Faculties and departments partner with a number of research centres, institutes and groups in the National Capital Region. Affiliated researchers and health professionals are entitled to use the library resources and services. Are you affiliated?