The library provides extended services to:
- Students enrolled in distance courses
- Graduate students living 100 km or more outside of Ottawa
- Faculty teaching outside the Ottawa area
Your library card
Your student or employee card also serves as your library card. If you have not received your card, contact InfoService (for students) or the Human Resources Service (for employees). With this card you can borrow directly from most university libraries in Ontario.
Your account gives you remote access to our electronic resources (databases, e-books, articles, etc.)
- Username: The part before the @ in your uOttawa.ca email address.
- Password: To create or reset your password, use the Password Management Tool. You can also call the Service Desk at 613-562-5800 ext. 6555.
Your account gives you remote access to our electronic resources. If the material is available online, click to access and enter your account information. Do you have problems logging in or accessing an article?
Delivery to your home
Request that books, films or journal articles in our collection be mailed to your home. Complete the distance delivery request form.
Requests will be processed, when possible, within 2 working days. The loan period is 120 days, unless recalled. Return borrowed books using the enclosed postage-paid label.
Exception: multimedia items (DVDs, VHS, CD-audio or CD-Rom) are loaned for a reduced period of 14 days, and shipped using Purolator. Users return items using a courier service at their expense.
From other libraries
Cannot find what you are looking for in our collection? We can help you borrow materials from other libraries. To have items mailed to your home, specify that you are a distance user.