No time to browse? No problem. The Place a Hold service allows you to pick-up your requested book at your preferred library location.
Items from our collection are available for pickup at various locations including: Morisset Library (MRT), the Health Sciences Library (RGN), and the Faculty of Education Resource Centre (FERC). This service is available to faculty, graduate & undergraduate students, post-doctoral fellows, affiliated researchers, staff and alumni only.
- Place a request for print books in Omni. You must be logged into your Omni account to see the Place a Hold option.
- You will be required to specify a pickup location.
- Library staff will retrieve the item and place it in a self-serve pickup location.
- You will receive an automated email notification with information about the pickup process when your item is ready.
- When you arrive at the library, follow directions to the pickup area.
- Books are shelved alphabetically using the first letter of your last name and your full student or employee number.
- 4. Check out your item at the self-checkout kiosk or at the service desk.*
*To use the self-checkout, you will need a personal identification number (PIN) number. Get one before your visit to the Library by emailing bibliolibrary@uOttawa.ca or get one in person by visiting the Service Desk.
Please note that items not picked up after 5 business days will be returned to the collection.