This information will be updated as the University continues to monitor and evaluate the situation.
All library locations are closed until further notice.
But we’re still here to help!
- Our Ask a Librarian chat service continues to be available. (Chat service hours)
- Consult our Research Librarians - they can be reached by email.
- Contact bibliolibrary@uOttawa.ca for general information and information about borrowed material.
- Contact ares@uOttawa.ca for questions about course reserves.
Physical Library Collection
All physical library materials including books, journals, and videos are not available until further notice. This includes all print course reserves.
- Overdue fines for library material you have checked out will be suspended and you will not be charged.
- We are taking steps to ensure that books and materials with due dates between March 9 and April 24 will be automatically renewed to April 30.
- If you wish to return materials, the only book drop that is open on main campus is located outside the Morisset Library.
- Extra large items that don’t fit in the book chute can be brought to Protcom at UCU. Please call protection at 613-562-5499 at which time dispatch will send someone to meet with you and place the items in the room.
If you have any questions about borrowing, fines, renewals, etc. contact bibliolibrary@uOttawa.ca
Due to library closures, all physical course reserves are unavailable.
Students: please consult your professor about alternatives for physical course reserve material.
Professors: The Library can help find digital/online alternatives for physical course reserves, including buying electronic versions if available. Please email ares@uOttawa.ca.
- To request additional digital reserve material for courses, email your reading list to ares@uOttawa.ca. Please provide full bibliographic citations. Once processed, you can integrate your list of readings into Virtual Campus.
Distance and online learning resources
As students and faculty move to distance and online learning formats, the Library offers several resources and services that can help.
- Our extensive digital collections are available as usual.
- In addition to the electronic resources already in our collection, several publishers and vendors are extending complimentary access to additional content. Some is COVID19 specific, but others are making all kinds of resources free in a variety of ways. The International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC) is gathering many of the offers together in one central location. If you have questions about any of the offers, please get in touch with collections@uOttawa.ca.
- To connect from off-campus
Open Educational Resources (OER)
- To find and integrate OER into your course, consult our guide.
- eCampusOntario has gathered resources to support the move to remote course delivery including openly licensed educational resources that can be customized or adopted for your teaching and learning. Visit eCampusOntario Open Academic Continuity Resources
Online video databases
- We have over 45,000 online videos available to support course-related instruction across disciplines.
- LinkedIn Learning, provides access to 7,000 online courses in business, media and technology.
- See all online video databases
- Add a link in Virtual Campus to the research guide most relevant to your course.
The regular interlibrary loan service is discontinued until further notice. Docline service continues but is restricted to loan of electronic collections only.
Should you have borrowed items from other institutions, rest assured that we are working on extending due dates. Note as well that we are working with other institutions to have any fines waived.
Library events and room reservations
We are not accepting any new room reservations for events until further notice. We are cancelling events, tours and workshops booked at the Library and notifying the organizers.