uOttawa Library service updates - All you need to know!
Please note that books and materials with due dates between March 9 and April 24 will be automatically renewed to April 30 and any overdue fines will be suspended. If you wish to return materials, the only book drop that is open on main campus is located outside the Morisset Library.
Last update: March 26 at 2:00 pm.
Borrow from other libraries
Can't find what you're looking for? We can help you borrow it from another library.
The interlibrary loan (ILL) service assists members of the University of Ottawa community:
- Students, faculty and staff
- Retired and emeritus professors
- Retired employees
- Affiliated researchers - Are you affiliated?
This service is not available for alumni or external users. Please use the interlibrary loan services offered by your public library.
If you are a first-time user, sign up for RACER.
|Books and book chapters||RACER|
|DVDs and films||Media Library|
|Journal volumes or issues||Not available|
|Maps and atlases||GSG Centre|
|Rare books||Not available|
|Reference works||Not available|
|Theses||Check first if available online|
Tip: Always search our catalogue first to be sure that we do not own the item. You cannot request an item that is already in our collection, even if it is in use.
Items usually arrive within 2 weeks. Please do not inquire about your request before then.
Read more about how to submit an interlibrary loan request.
- Loan periods and renewal policies are set by the lending library.
- Loan periods are usually 3-6 weeks.
- Renewals may be requested, but the decision is up to the lending library.
- Some items may be consulted on location only or cannot be photocopied.
- Items may be recalled at any time.
Fees and fines
- There is no cost to the user for requesting items.
- Overdue fines are $2.00 per day per item.
- Fines for lost items follow the lending library's policies.
Interlibrary loan privileges are automatically suspended if a book is not returned 4 weeks after the due date or 2 weeks after recall.
- Morisset Library (Arts and Science)
- Brian Dickson Law Library
- Health Sciences Library
- Berkman Library (Heart Institute)
- Jean-Léon Allie Library (Saint Paul)
Intra-mail is available for photocopies (for faculty and staff only).
Distance students should choose Canada Post to receive books and photocopies.
Borrowed documents may be returned at any book return or circulation desk.
If you have any questions, contact interlibrary loan.