uOttawa Library service updates - All you need to know!
Please note that books and materials with due dates between March 9 and April 24 will be automatically renewed to April 30 and any overdue fines will be suspended. If you wish to return materials, the only book drop that is open on main campus is located outside the Morisset Library.
Last update: March 26 at 2:00 pm.
Who can reserve Library spaces?
We welcome requests from the uOttawa community; priority for reserving the Library’s spaces will be in this order:
Current uOttawa faculty members, staff members, or registered student groups*.
Visiting professors, scholars, academics, or artists sponsored by a uOttawa department or faculty member.
* Registered student groups, clubs and/or associations may also book spaces on uOttawa campus using a VEMS account through Conventions and Reservation.
- For conferences, please work directly with Conventions and reservations. They will coordinate with the Library on the organizers’ behalf if any library spaces are requested for a conference.
- Due to the high demand of our spaces, rooms may not ordinarily be used for regular classes or recurring weekly meetings.
How do I reserve a room?
Decide on your event specifications (audio visual/equipment needs, room setup, estimated number of people in attendance, etc.)
Complete the online request form one month in advance of your event. A Library staff member will respond within 5 working days of receiving your request.
Set-up for your event/exhibit will proceed according to arrangements made during a follow-up meeting. Some of our spaces with technology will require a short training session before proceeding with their use.
- Review the room in person to determine its suitability.
- Comply with regulations relevant to the space, such as maximum room capacity, food and drink policy
- Signage and promotion for your event are your responsibility to create.
- Leave the room in the same condition in which you found it.
- Remove signage, garbage upon completion of event.
All use of Library spaces is subject to Policy 28 - Temporary Use of University Space.
We can provide:
- Assistance with room set-up.
- Orientation to the use of the technology in the spaces.
- Recommendations for on campus service providers.
Please send a message to email@example.com for any questions related to space reservations for events in the Library.