Who can reserve Library spaces?
As of September 2021, and due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are only accepting requests from current uOttawa faculty or staff members. All events held in the Library must adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines for safe gatherings on campus. Due to the high demand of our spaces, rooms may not ordinarily be used for regular classes or recurring weekly meetings.
For conference requests, please work directly with Conventions and reservations.
How do I reserve a room?
Decide on your event specifications (audio visual/equipment needs, room setup, estimated number of people in attendance, etc.)
Complete the online request form one month in advance of your event. A Library staff member will respond within 5 working days of receiving your request.
Set-up for your event/exhibit will proceed according to arrangements made during a follow-up meeting. Some of our spaces with technology will require a short training session before proceeding with their use.
- Review the room in person to determine its suitability.
- Comply with regulations relevant to the space, such as maximum room capacity, food and drink policy
- Signage and promotion for your event are your responsibility to create.
- Leave the room in the same condition in which you found it.
- Remove signage, garbage upon completion of event.
All use of Library spaces is subject to Policy 28 - Temporary Use of University Space.
We can provide:
- Assistance with room set-up.
- Orientation to the use of the technology in the spaces.
- Recommendations for on campus service providers.
Please send a message to email@example.com for any questions related to space reservations for events in the Library.