Who can reserve Library spaces?
We welcome requests from the uOttawa community; priority for reserving the Library’s spaces will be in this order:
Current uOttawa faculty members, staff members, or registered student groups*.
Visiting professors, scholars, academics, or artists sponsored by a uOttawa department or faculty member.
* Registered student groups, clubs and/or associations may also book spaces on uOttawa campus using a VEMS account through Conventions and Reservation.
- For conferences, please work directly with Conventions and reservations. They will coordinate with the Library on the organizers’ behalf if any library spaces are requested for a conference.
- Due to the high demand of our spaces, rooms may not ordinarily be used for regular classes or recurring weekly meetings.
How do I reserve a room?
Decide on your event specifications (audio visual/equipment needs, room setup, estimated number of people in attendance, etc.)
Complete the online request form one month in advance of your event. A Library staff member will respond within 5 working days of receiving your request.
Set-up for your event/exhibit will proceed according to arrangements made during a follow-up meeting. Some of our spaces with technology will require a short training session before proceeding with their use.
- Review the room in person to determine its suitability.
- Comply with regulations relevant to the space, such as maximum room capacity, food and drink policy
- Signage and promotion for your event are your responsibility to create.
- Leave the room in the same condition in which you found it.
- Remove signage, garbage upon completion of event.
All use of Library spaces is subject to Policy 28 - Temporary Use of University Space.
We can provide:
- Assistance with room set-up.
- Orientation to the use of the technology in the spaces.
- Recommendations for on campus service providers.
Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions related to space reservations for events in the Library.