April 2021 - In light of the recent announcement from the Government of Ontario regarding new restrictions that come into effect on April 3, access to Morisset Library’s study spaces and computer workstations will be closed until further notice. Contactless pickup and scan on demand services remain available. The MRT and RGN book return drop boxes also remain available.
Welcome to the Canadian Archive of Women in STEM
In collaboration with Library and Archives Canada and the Canadian Institute of Women in Engineering and Sciences (CIWES) (formerly INWES-ERI), the University of Ottawa Library - Archives and Special Collections is establishing a centre of expertise, for the benefit of current and future researchers, to document the history of women who have contributed to science, technology, engineering and mathematics in Canada.
For the first time in Canada, information about the records of women in STEM held by Canadian archival institutions are brought together in one place and accessible in both English and French. Our searchable index will help you to discover the history of women and organizations involved in STEM in Canada and direct you to the institutions that hold their records.
If you have or are currently working in STEM and are interested in donating your records to the University of Ottawa Archives and Special Collections please contact us by email at arcs@uOttawa.ca. Please refer to our “how-to guide” to help you prepare your records for donation.
If your cultural institution would like to have your archives that relate to women in STEM featured in our index or would like to pursue collaboration please contact us at arcs@uOttawa.ca.
Donating your records
Partners and sponsors
University of Ottawa
Library and Archives Canada
(The Canadian Institute of Women in Engineering and Science)
- Association de la francophonie à propos des femmes en sciences, technologies, ingénierie et mathématiques (AFFESTIM)
- Canadian Commission for UNESCO/Commission canadienne pour l’UNESCO
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada SSHRC/Conseil de recherches en sciences humaines du Canada (CRSH)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)/Conseil de recherches en sciences naturelles et en génie du Canada (CRSNG)
- Faculty of Engineering of the University of Ottawa/Faculté de génie de l’Université d’Ottawa
- Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa/Faculté des sciences de l’Université d'Ottawa
- Fonds de recherche du Québec - Nature et technologies (FRQNT)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec - Société et culture (FRQSC)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS)
- British High Commission in Canada/Haut-commissariat du Royaume Uni au Canada
- IBM Canada
- Institute for Science, Society and Policy (ISSP) of the University of Ottawa/Institut de recherche sur la science, la société et la politique publique de l’Université d’Ottawa
- Engineers Canada/Ingénieurs Canada
- National Network of NSERC Chairs for Women in Science and Engineering/Réseau National des Chaires CRSNG pour les femmes en sciences et génie