How to contribute your story
Please take the time to read and respond to each of the fields in the form when submitting your story for consideration. It is important that we have your permission to use and share the content you submit with future researchers. If you have any questions, read the FAQs or contact us by email at email@example.com. Future researchers who consult the Women’s Archives will thank you for sharing your stories as they study her-stories and how women in Canada experienced the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ways to tell us your story
- audio recording
- video recording
Regardless of the file type, the maximum file size allowed for upload is 30 MB. If you have a larger file you would like to contribute, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Contributors don't have to register for a guest account, but are required to enter their email address. We won't publish or share your email address. We collect email addresses only so that we are able to contact contributors if we have questions about the submission. If you don't want your name displayed in the public viewing, check the "keep identity private" box.
Terms and Conditions
When you agree to the Terms & Conditions, you acknowledge that you have read and that you consent to the following:
- I affirm that I am 18 years old or older and identify as a woman.
- The content that I am submitting does not contain hateful, defamatory, discriminatory or unlawful elements and does not infringe on the rights of any third party, including the inclusion of 3rd party personal identifiable information (PII).
- The University of Ottawa Library has the right to refuse submitted content if not deemed acceptable.
- I affirm that I hold the copyright to the submitted content and that it does not infringe on copyright, trademark or any other right of any third party.
- I recognize and acknowledge that the University of Ottawa Library shall be entitled to administer the content in accordance with their policies and generally accepted archival principles, which may include its destruction or conservation.
- I grant the University of Ottawa Library permission to display, exhibit, and publish the submitted content on its own websites.
- I grant, transfer and convey absolutely unto the University of Ottawa Library copyright which I may now have or may hereafter acquire on the content I am submitting. This means that I will not be contacted for any requests for publication or exhibit. [If you wish to maintain your copyright and be contacted for any publication requests outside of the University of Ottawa Library websites, please contact email@example.com]